November 7, 2011
Lauren Ingraham Alexander
1. Raking leaves gives me hives in a major way.
2. My daughter’s adorable-ness makes the hives I got from raking with her slightly more bearable.
3. I always see something new every time I go on a walk.
4. Did you know your city has a “Walk Score?” and you can have your very own address rated. My neighborhood rates at a 45 (100 best) – not too shabby but surprisingly low for the amount of useful walking I can do around here.
5. Home made biscuits are good. G—-ooood. I ordered a copy of Home Made by Yvette van Boven and the thing weighs a ton but has wonderful recipes and other do-it-yourself ideas for home cooking. My thumbs are totally up for the amount of recipes and pretty pictures. More testing must be done!
6. You might see a bright green Statue of Liberty head there mid-collage above. It’s a student artwork that is there to remind me how much great stuff my students are capable of.
7. Okay, it’s also there because I have officially decided to make the effort to go to the 2012 National Art Educator’s Convention in NYC. Any art teachers out there gonna go? Let me know